Sullivan County Criminal Defense Lawyers
The vast majority of the criminal cases handled by The Law Offices of John Ferrara in Monticello include:
- DWI/DUI (driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol)
- Misdemeanors such as assault, larceny (theft), domestic violence and traffic tickets
- Felonies such as burglary and some drug crimes
DWI/DUI and domestic violence are examples of criminal cases that do not discriminate according to social class. Doctors, lawyers, salaried workers and hourly wage workers are all at risk of being charged with DWI or domestic violence under the wrong circumstances.
In all criminal defense cases at The Law Offices of John Ferrara, we endeavor to protect clients’ constitutional rights first of all. In addition, we want to do all that we can to preserve an accused person’s options for a good future.
This means we will work to find ways to keep our clients from having criminal records or being required to register as sex offenders. Avoiding a criminal record is critically important when it is an option. When immigration status is an issue, we urge a non-U.S. citizen client to work with an immigration lawyer, who can help us advise our client on how to plea.
Our years of experience in criminal law have prepared us to advise and guide clients effectively with regard to a wide range of issues, including:
- Employment consequences of a criminal conviction
- The least damaging ways to handle drunk driving charges and traffic ticket cases
- Sentencing laws and what they may mean based on a client’s plea
- What Types Of Criminal Cases Does Your Firm Handle?
- How Does The Process Of Bail Work In New York?
- How Does A Prior Arrest Or Conviction Impact A Criminal Case?
Contact Our Monticello, Sullivan County Law firm
Schedule a consultation regarding your New York criminal law matter. Call (845) 287-0888 or send an email inquiry requesting a case review at your convenience.
Call now for a Strategy Session