Sullivan County Criminal Defense Lawyers
The vast majority of the criminal cases handled by The Law Offices of John Ferrara in Monticello include:
- DWI/DUI (driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol)
- Misdemeanors such as assault, larceny (theft), domestic violence and traffic tickets
- Felonies such as burglary and some drug crimes
DWI/DUI and domestic violence are examples of criminal cases that do not discriminate according to social class. Doctors, lawyers, salaried workers and hourly wage workers are all at risk of being charged with DWI or domestic violence under the wrong circumstances. Those charged with a DUI or domestic violence charge in Sullivan County, NY should not take the charge lightly. Contacting a Sullivan County, NY Criminal Defense attorney is a good idea. You can also contact a Monticello, NY Criminal Defense lawyer y calling The Law Offices of John Ferrara at (845) 794-1303.
In all criminal defense cases at The Law Offices of John Ferrara, we endeavor to protect clients’ constitutional rights first of all. In addition, we want to do all that we can to preserve an accused person’s options for a good future.
This means we will work to find ways to keep our clients from having criminal records or being required to register as sex offenders. Avoiding a criminal record is critically important when it is an option. When immigration status is an issue, we urge a non-U.S. citizen client to work with an immigration lawyer, who can help us advise our client on how to plea.
Our years of experience in criminal law have prepared us to advise and guide clients effectively with regard to a wide range of issues, including:
- Employment consequences of a criminal conviction
- The least damaging ways to handle drunk driving charges and traffic ticket cases
- Sentencing laws and what they may mean based on a client’s plea
- What Types Of Criminal Cases Does Your Firm Handle?
- How Does The Process Of Bail Work In New York?
- How Does A Prior Arrest Or Conviction Impact A Criminal Case?
- What Happens In The First 24 Hours After A Criminal Arrest?
- What Happens To My Physical Driver’s License After A DWI Arrest?
- How Can I Find Out Where A Loved One Has Been Taken After An Arrest?
- How Are Assault And Battery Charges Defined in New York?
- How Does The Degree of Injury a Victim Suffers Impact an Assault Charge?
- Does Hiring an Attorney Make me Look Guilty in Court?
- How Is Domestic Violence Defined In New York?
- How Is A Domestic Violence Charge Determined To Be A Misdemeanor Or A Felony?
- What Should I Do If Domestic Violence Charges Are Filed Against Me?
- What Are The Most Common Drug Offense Cases That You Handle?
- What Is Considered Drug Trafficking In New York?
- Do Most Drug Related Cases End Up Going To Trial?
- How Are Sex Crimes Defined In New York?
- What Are My Rights After I Have Been Arrested For A Sex Crime?
- What Can Be Done To Mitigate The Consequences Of A Sex Crime?
- What Restrictions Does A Registered Sex Offender Face?
Contact Our Monticello, Sullivan County Law firm
Schedule a consultation regarding your New York criminal law matter with a Sullivan County, NY Criminal Defense attorney. Call (845) 794-1303 or send an email inquiry requesting a case review at your convenience by an experienced and qualified Monticello, NY Criminal Defense lawyer.
Call now for a Strategy Session